The East of England Research Interest Group (@RIGEAST), centered in Cambridge, is led by a steering group of volunteers who work with local Parkinson’s UK groups and staff from across the region*. Together, these volunteers co-ordinate, initiate and share opportunities for people to participate in activities linked to research on Parkinson’s disease. These include:
- Arranging presentations and discussions of the latest research.
- Learning about the results of the latest clinical trials.
- Visits to laboratories undertaking Parkinson’s research.
- Participation in research surveys and projects.
- Keeping up-to-date with global research progress and new treatments.
- Working with researchers to shape their research.
- Helping review and make decisions about the research projects funded by Parkinson’s UK.
- Raising funds towards finding a cure and better treatments for Parkinson’s.
We are eager to recruit local members to become Research Champions who will play a key role in helping to disseminate research information and support the RIG generally. To find out more and how to get involved, go to the Join page.
* The East of England Research Interest Group’s catchment area includes: Bedfordshire, Cambridgeshire, Essex, Hertfordshire, Norfolk, Suffolk. See EoE Branches.